TAI CHI PRACTICE for Health, Fitness & Improved Learning
The practice of Qi Gong Health combined with Tai Chi Fitness is an exercise that has significant health benefits and contributes to the well-being of everyone who participates.
It enhances posture and circulation, improves breathing, and strengthens balance and stability through daily practice of the correct technical execution. Physical strength is also improved by using muscles that we don’t normally use.
Benefits of Health & Fitness Practice classes:
- improved health with regular exercise
- improved coordination and stability to avoid falls or being knocked over
- improved circulation
- reduced overall stress / blood pressure
- improved core energy & strength
- improved flexibility and physical strength
TAI CHI TRAINING
For those who are enthusiastic about learning the martial arts form of Tai Chi, we provide comprehensive martial arts training both in form and biomechanics, such as the unique push/pull or yin/yang flow of energy movement used in Tai Chi as a form of martial arts.
These techniques could prove invaluable when applied to our everyday personal well-being – from preventing lower back and other injuries, to knowing how to use our bodies for improved strength, endurance and flexibility.
With our broad range of classes, TAI CHI TRAINING offers you the opportunity to:
- learn the complete form for YANG Style Tai Chi
- learn the complete form for CHEN Style Tai Chi
- learn the underlying vital energy flow of each movement in Advanced YANG Style Tai Chi
- learn the underlying vital energy flow of each movement in Advanced CHEN Style Tai Chi
- learn and apply advanced Tai Chi techniques in the Weapons class
- learn and apply Tai Chi energy flow with Push Hands
LEARN TAI CHI BASICS
If you’ve never practiced Tai Chi before, the Tai Chi Starter Package is the best place to start. You get Tai Chi Basics training where you will learn how to move with your body’s natural energy flow, in addition to the basic tai chi movements and some introductory concepts for improving your stability and balance. At the same time, you get unlimited Health & Fitness Practice classes to complement your Basics training.
This is what you get from Tai Chi Basics training:
- Postural alignment, breathing methods, body awareness and proper techniques to prevent injury
- Basic Tai Chi principles, e.g. 5-bows, no-yielding and no-resistance, etc.
- Standing postures
- Basic single movement techniques
- Basic footwork and stances
- Differences between Chen and Yang style
- The first 10 – 12 moves from the Yang style form to understand how the principles are applied and practiced in a form
TAI CHI RESOURCES AND TOOLS
We offer these resources and tools so you can have good quality equipment and accessories for your training and practice. The DVD’s are good when used as reference material to complement your training. It is however not recommended to just learn from the DVD’s.
- Tai Chi Shoes
- Tai Chi Sword
- Tai Chi Sabre
- Tai Chi Spear
- Tai Chi Long Pole (360cm to 400cm)
- Qi Gong DVD
- Yang Style Tai Chi DVD
- Chen Style Tai Chi DVD
- Wu Style Tai Chi DVD
- Yang Style Sword DVD