End of Year Graduation & Christmas Potluck Party
Date: 15 December 2019, Sunday
Time: 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
All students past and present are welcome to join our potluck party. There will be performances by both students and instructors, games and lucky draw.
Annual achievement awards and instructor certificates will also be handed out. You can bring your friends and/or family, all are welcome.
Instructor Certification INFO Session
Date: 15 December 2019, Sunday
Time: 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
If you want to find out how to become a certified tai chi or qi gong instructor, come to this free INFO session.
Tai Chi School Trip to China 2020
Tentative dates: September 1 – September 10, 2020.
Places to visit:
- Zhaoqing and Dinhu Mountain – To discover a breath-taking enclave of China’s natural beauty and to immerse yourself in Chinese religious and cultural history, one can find no better place to visit than Dinghu Mountain Scenic Area. We will also visit our sister school and meet with our tai chi brothers and sisters.
- Guilin – Guilin is reputed as being one of the world’s most beautiful places with its karst landscapes, clean rivers, idyllic countryside, majestic rice terraces, and ethnic minorities.
- Zhangjiajie – There are 243 peaks and more than 3,000 pinnacles and spires in the national park. All of the mountains and peaks parodied in the movie Avatar are concentrated in this national park.
|6-9 persons||10-15 persons||16-20 persons||20+ persons|
(flights not included)
|Single occupancy upgrade||+CAD400||+CAD380||+CAD340||+CAD340|
The above pricing is for tour that starts in Guilin and ends in Hong Kong. If you exit the tour in Guangzhou, deduct CAD50 from the above price.
Estimate for 2 internal flights: CDN410
International flight from Toronto -> Guilin return Hong Kong -> Toronto:
- This is a private group tour; there are no forced shopping visits. Hotels selected are 4 or 5 stars.
- Price includes 7 hotel breakfasts and 11 meals, plus one bottle of mineral water per day.
- Price includes admission to the first big ticket attraction listed in the itinerary. Does not include admissions to other accompanying attractions.
- Price includes English speaking tour guide.
- Price does not include tips. Tipping standard: USD10/person/day*8 days* number of guests.
- You are responsible for obtaining a Chinese VISA for the trip as finger-printing is required in person.
- DEADLINE to signup: December 15, 2019.
- DEADLINE to pay non-refundable deposit $600: December 22, 2019.
- DEADLINE for full payment is April/May 2020.
Next Open House
Date: Sunday January 5th, 2020
Tai Chi Basics: 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Qi Gong Health: 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Try our Tai Chi Basics and Qi Gong Health class free at our Open House. These 2 classes offer different classroom experiences and are included in our learn tai chi beginner package. All are welcome!
What is Tai Chi?
If you missed our last open house, watch this video to learn about Tai Chi and our school.
You can join our Tai Chi Basics classes anytime, no need to wait for the next semester to start.
Tai Chi is one of the most popular martial art and exercise practiced in the world today. It is an internal Martial Art that combines philosophy, martial arts, well-being, and self awareness. Practising tai chi requires focus of the mind and body, with slow, controlled movements that require natural posture alignment, balance and inner peace.
Qi gong is an ancient chinese health practice which is over 5,000 years old and pre-dates tai chi. A qi gong form is a series of coordinated and flowing movements which requires a person to focus on body posture, movements, breathing and mental thoughts. Qi gong activates the naturally occurring physiological as well as psychological mechanisms of self-repair and health recovery.