Annual Spring Dinner
Date: Saturday March 7
Location: Golden Court Abalone Restaurant 黃金閣 – 鮑翅海鮮酒家
Come join us for our annual Spring Dinner celebration, the year of the Rat. There will be performances from students and instructors, games, lucky draw and a 10-course chinese meal.
Date: Sunday April 5
Tai Chi Basics 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Qi Gong Health 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
If you are interested to try Tai Chi or Qi Gong, come to our open house for a free trial class. All are welcome. Please register online here.
Tai Chi School Trip to China 2020
- Dates: September 1 – 10, 2020. Trip is now confirmed. We are still accepting latecomers until May 2020.
Places to visit:
- Zhaoqing and Dinhu Mountain – To discover a breath-taking enclave of China’s natural beauty and to immerse yourself in Chinese religious and cultural history, one can find no better place to visit than Dinghu Mountain Scenic Area. We will also visit our sister school and meet with our tai chi brothers and sisters.
- Guilin – Guilin is reputed as being one of the world’s most beautiful places with its karst landscapes, clean rivers, idyllic countryside, majestic rice terraces, and ethnic minorities.
- Zhangjiajie – There are 243 peaks and more than 3,000 pinnacles and spires in the national park. All of the mountains and peaks parodied in the movie Avatar are concentrated in this national park.
- Guangzhou – Guangzhou is one of China’s most popular cities, best known for its wholesale markets and delicious food. It’s also the birthplace of “dimsum”.
(flights not included)
|Single occupancy upgrade||+CAD380|
|The above pricing is for tour that starts in Guilin and ends in Hong Kong. If you exit the tour in Guangzhou, deduct CAD50 from the above price.|
|Estimate for 2 internal flights: CDN410|
|International flight from Toronto -> Guilin return Hong Kong -> Toronto:
Contact travel agent directly for exact pricing based on your individual preferences.
- This is a private group tour; there are no forced shopping visits. Hotels selected are 4 or 5 stars.
- Price includes 7 hotel breakfasts and 11 meals, plus one bottle of mineral water per day.
- Price includes admission to the main attractions listed in the itinerary. Does not include admissions to other optional attractions.
- Price includes English and Mandarin speaking tour guide.
- Price does not include tips. Tipping standard: USD10/person/day*8 days* number of guests.
- You are responsible for obtaining a Chinese VISA for the trip as finger-printing is required in person.
- DEADLINE for full payment is May 2020.
- The quoted price applies only if you submitted your deposit by December 22, 2019. You can still join the tour late but there is no price guarantee and domestic flights may not be with the main group.
- For enquiries, please send email to: email@example.com.
What is Tai Chi?
If you missed our last open house, watch this video to learn about Tai Chi and our school.
You can join our Tai Chi Basics classes anytime, no need to wait for the next semester to start.
Tai Chi is one of the most popular martial art and exercise practiced in the world today. It is an internal Martial Art that combines philosophy, martial arts, well-being, and self awareness. Practising tai chi requires focus of the mind and body, with slow, controlled movements that require natural posture alignment, balance and inner peace.
Qi gong is an ancient chinese health practice which is over 5,000 years old and pre-dates tai chi. A qi gong form is a series of coordinated and flowing movements which requires a person to focus on body posture, movements, breathing and mental thoughts. Qi gong activates the naturally occurring physiological as well as psychological mechanisms of self-repair and health recovery.