Our Qi Gong Health classes consist of slow body movements coordinated with natural breathing to stimulate the energy flow through your body. In addition, the soft tissues of the body will get a good work out when the postures and movements have you contorting gently to stretch specific muscles, tendons and / or ligaments.
These slow moving motions end with specific body postures around specific meridian lines of the body so that each meridian is cleared of any blockages which may adversely affect health and cause illness.
A set of Qi Gong exercise typically includes 8 to 12 movements. Each movement is repeated multiple times in a slow and controlled manner.
Each Qi Gong session covers:
- Practicing 2 to 3 sets of Qi Gong exercises
- Detailed instruction and explanation of one to two moves from the chosen set
Each term we select 2 of the following sets to practice:
- Tendon Changing Classic (Yi Jin Jing)
- Eight Section Brocade (Ba Duan Jin)
- Ma Wang Dui Dao Yin Shu
- Six Healing Sounds (Liu Zi Jue)
- Five Animals (Wu Qin Xi)
- Da Wu
Qi Gong classes are especially suitable for desk jockeys and anyone seeking a simple, effective way to relieve stress, relax and stretch out tense muscles, and to promote healing of tendons and ligaments. This class however is not suitable for those who have just incurred spinal injuries, as there are many moves that involve twisting and stretching of the spine.
(To learn more about the origins of qi gong, read the blog – What is Qi Gong?)
(To learn more about the qi gong sets that we teach, read the blog – What is Health Qi Gong?)
The goal of the Fitness classes is to improve the fitness level of participants and at the same time to enhance tai chi techniques, internal power and whole body coordination. This class is beneficial to both beginners and experienced tai chi practitioners. There is no prerequisite for the class, just come prepared for a good workout.
The class content includes:
- Warm-up with Basics.
- Practicing tai chi techniques in isolation, using explosive force and agile footwork.
- Conditioning with equipment for a fun workout, to improve on cardio, strength and internal power.
- Then finishing with stretching, and static poses for postural alignment and self awareness.
You do not need any prior training to take this class and you can also take this class regardless of your fitness level.